Greenhouse Giveaway Contest Rules
BC GREENHOUSE BUILDERS GREENHOUSE GIVEAWAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: BC GREENHOUSE BUILDERS GREENHOUSE GIVEAWAY CONTEST (CONTEST”) IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA, WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of BC GREENHOUSE BUILDERS LTD. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers (and their dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency (the “Judges”) which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 10:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on April 23rd, 2016 and ends at 14:30 p.m. on April 23rd, 2016 (“Contest Period”) for one-day only. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, enter in the provided ballot with complete information. All entries must must be received and recorded by placing in the ballot jar at the event during the Contest Period to be considered valid. Limit one (1) entry per person. Incomplete, non-delivered or misdirected entries will not be allowed. The winner does not need to be present during the draw but must complete ballot entry form on site at the event on Saturday April 23rd. Submissions become property of the Sponsor and by participating, Participants agree and acknowledge that any submissions may be used by the Sponsor, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval. At no time will the personal information of the entrants be sold or distributed to any third party at any time.
4. JUDGING: The winner will be decided by random draw. The decisions of the Judges and Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winner will be notified via telephone on Monday April 25th if not present at the time of the draw. By accepting a Prize, winner acknowledges that he or she is in compliance with these Official Rules.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: Prize (1 total): Cross Country “Legacy” 8’ x 8’ Greenhouse, brown frame only, single glass sidewalls, twinwall polycarbonate roof with a “0” door drop. Any modifications to the standard greenhouse is up to the discretion of the Sponsor. Approximate Retail Value $2395 CDN. The prize requires assembly after pick up at A5-19327 94th Avenue in Surrey, BC, which will be the winner’s sole responsibility. No substitution or cash redemption of prize permitted. However, Sponsor reserves right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value if winner would like to purchase a larger or higher priced greenhouse based on the MSRP. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, Instagram, LLC, Facebook, Inc. and Twitter, Inc., and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities, and (b) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE APPEARANCE, SAFETY OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY PRIZE. Prize will be available for pickup within 2-3 weeks of verification of the eligibility of the winner. All provincial and local taxes, if any, on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely winner’s responsibility, including without limitation any efforts or costs of assembly of the prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
7. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or nondelivered entries; Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified.
8. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Competition Bureau – Competition Act as set forth Promotional Contests — Section 74.06 of the Competition Act, July 15, 1999 then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASE.